Genetically Engineered Products (GMOs)
Ingles Markets is committed to the following:
1. Supporting the mandatory national mandatory labeling law S764 "National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard". https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/764/text
2. Abiding by all product labeling guidelines currently set forth by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as well as by state and local regulations.
3. Acknowledging the report by the National Academies of Sciences (NAS) findings that current genetically engineered crops are safe for both human and animal consumption and present no health risks. https://nas-sites.org/ge-crops/
4. Continuing to provide our customers with a wide variety of options and choices including USDA Certified Organic products (which by definition are "non-GMO" – not genetically engineered).
5. Continuing to source and offer products that are identified as "Non-GMO".